Please note that this website serves purely as our on-line catalogue.
Truffle is the exclusive importer and distributor of a wide range of high quality wines from many parts of Europe. We also import the best vanilla extracts, and truffle related products available in N.Z.
We ship nationwide to wine enthusiasts, winemakers, chefs and other retailers, among whom we have won a reputation for the quality of our products and level of service. (Estd. 2002.)
To make an enquiry or place a wine order, please email or phone us with your order. You can also visit our contact page for more details.
We are the New Zealand importers, distributors & sole agents for Nielsen Massey vanilla extracts - simply the world's best, and Poddi Tartufi truffle products - real truffle oils, pastes, whole truffles - ISO certified.
Our Growers - we import a range of over 40 very fine, mainly organic or bio-dynamically made wines, produced by families who have a love and a connection to their land. Some of our wines are quite possibly the most famous wines you've never heard of - feel free to Google them!
Natural Wines - Nearly all organic and Bio-dynamic wines are 'natural' wines and they make up over 70% of our range. First and foremost I buy wines because they're good, and if they happen to be organically or biodynamically made with minimal intervention, then that's a bonus.
Shipping and Storage
Our suppliers want their wines to reach you in the best possible condition. We wholeheartedly agree and have committed to shipping ALL our wines door-to-door using J F Hillebrand's climate controlled trucks, warehouse and reefer shipping system. Once the wines arrive here, they go into our climate controlled warehouse until sold - one of only two such facilities dedicated to wine in New Zealand.
If you'd like to purchase a wine you have seen on our site please contact us to ensure availability. Your order can be couriered to you or collected from our Garrett St warehouse anytime during our business hours.
A select number of our wines are now available from The Village Winery - www.villagewinery.co.nz/
- Dirler-Cade - Alsace
- Zind-Humbrecht - Alsace
- Leo Alzinger - Austria - Wachau
- Markus Molitor - Germany - Mosel
- Agrapart - Champagne - Avize
- Aubry - Champagne - Jouy les Reims
- Roses de Jeanne - Champagne - Celles sur Ource
- Vincent Couche - Champagne - Buxeuil
- Egly-Ouriet - Champagne - Ambonnay
- Larmandier-Bernier - Champagne - Vertus
- La Closerie - Champagne - Gueux
- Vilmart - Champagne - Rilly la Montagne
- Louis Picamelot - Cremant de Bourgogne
- Adrien Berlioz - Savoie - Chignin
- Gilbert Picq - Chablis
- Patrick Piuze - Chablis
- Dureuil-Janthial - Burgundy - Rully
- Charly Thevenet - Beaujolais 1er Cru Regnie
- Jean-Paul Thevenet - Beaujolais 1er Cru Morgon
- Domaine de la Madone - Beaujolais Le Perreon
- Jean-Marc Burgaud - Beaujolais 1er Cru Morgon
- Jean Foillard - Beaujolais 1er Cru Morgon
- Vincent Paris - Cornas, St. Joseph, Crozes Hermitage
- Domaine du Tunnel - Cornas, St. Joseph, St. Peray
- Domaine Les 4 Vents - Crozes-Hermitage
- Dauvergne Ranvier - Gigondas, Vacqueyras
- Clos du Mont Olivet - Cotes du Rhone and Chateauneuf
- Clos Saint Jean - Chateauneuf du Pape
- Duseigneur - Cotes du Rhone, Lirac, Chateauneuf du Pape
- Mas de Boislauzon - Chateauneuf du Pape
- Mattes Sabran - Corbieres: Old vines Syrah and Grenache
- Bonnet-Huteau - Loire: Muscadet Sèvre et Maine
- Domaine Turenne - Loire - Rose specialist
- Pascal Cotat - Loire: Sancerre incl. Rose de Saignee
- Fouassier - Loire: Sancerre
- Clos Naudin - Loire: Vouvray - dry, off-dry and sweet
- Domaine de Noire - Loire: Chinon
- Domaine de la Rectorie - Banyuls (sweet red)
- Grande Maison - Monbazillac and Bergerac
- Ch. les Croisille - Cahors
- Tommaso Bussola - Valpolicella, Amarone and Recioto
- Matteo Correggia - Roero: Barbera and Nebbiolo
- Vajra - Barolo, Moscato, Riesling, Dolcetto, Barbera, Freisa
- Luigi Baudana - Chardonnay and Barolo
- Uccelliera - Rosso and Brunello di Montalcino
- Voliero - Rosso and Brunello di Montalcino
- Recaredo - Premium Cava (Champagne-like)
- Equipo Navazos - Sherry and white wines
- Bodega Contador - Rioja
- Mas Martinet - Priorat
- Dido - blanco & tinto - Montsant
- Vinya del Vuit - Priorat
- Magana - Navarra
- Barbeito - Madeira
Due to the small quantities that are often allocated to NZ, the quantity of stock we have available changes on a weekly basis. Please email or phone us with any questions you may have.
If you'd like to purchase one of our food lines and live outside of Wellington, you need to visit one of the following specialist stores:
Nielsen Massey vanilla products: Sabato in Auckland, Vetro - all stores, and Gamboni's Deli in Wellington.
Poddi truffles and truffle oils:
Farro Fresh - all stores, Vetro - all stores, Mediterranean foods Lower Hutt, Gambonis Deli in Wellington, and Mediterranean Foods in Christchurch.
The Village Winery - Auckland
Truffle Imports - Wellington
We will courier food orders valued over $50 direct to you if you live outside of our retail zones.
Our WINE showroom remains open to interested buyers, and wine orders are always welcome no matter where you are.
Truffle hours: Tuesday to Saturday 10am to 4pm
Closed: Sundays, Mondays, Public holidays and long weekends.